Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The Boy At The House (16a)

"What did he look like?" Luke asks silently, so that it won't be heard outside the room.
"I don't know. I couldn't see really. Big, untidy. What can I say. I think he had blue clothes", says Daniel, almost whispering. "Some kind of beard."
"What did he break?" Dilan asks.
Daniel shrugs his shoulders.
"I'll kill him", says Richard.
"You won't", says Gina.
Daniel looks at Richard, who looks sad. He puts his arm around him, and so does Gina. And Dilan.
"Richard, we'll solve this. I think he's drunk, right? It sounded like it."
"Yes, he drinks", says Richard.
A tear is falling from Richard's eye.
"Okay", says Daniel and looks at the others. "Now let's go to bed and try to sleep. I don't think we should do anything as long as he is drunk. We wait till the morning and then we sneak down again and take a look. Okay?"
"Okay", says Paula.
"Okay", says Dilan.
Dilan pulls his arm away from Richard's shoulder and instead raises it up in the air with the inside facing Richard. Richard gets it and smiles. Silently but decisively their hands meet in a "High Five".

No comments: